The NAACP is at work all across the nation. But we work especially hard in the Lone Star State.
In Texas, the NAACP has…
- Fought to open doors for the first African American and female Texas Ranger
- Led efforts to pass Hate Crime laws, criminal justice reform, and employment discrimination laws at the state level
- Fought for your rights in Texas Congressional Redistricting
- Fought for those wrongfully accused of drug trafficking in Hearne and Tulia
- Ensured African American representation in government and private business
- In El Paso, we have succeeded in opening doors for employment in various aspects of our community and county
- In El Paso, as well as throughout the state, we continue to fight for the prosecution of bad police officers, and for a fair and equitable school system
DID YOU KNOW THAT THE NAACP HELPED LEAD THE FIGHT SO THAT YOU CAN…
- Live where you want to live
- Attend the school and college of your choice
- Pursue jobs and careers that were off limits to Blacks and other minorities
- And today the NAACP continues to fight for many things including…
Equal economic opportunities
The prevention of racial discrimination on the job.
The elimination of Hate Crimes and police brutality
Join the NAACP Today!!!